Hey guys ! I was nominated by Joanna @TheGeekishBrunette for the Real Neat Blog Award ! Thanks girl ❤ If you don’t know her yet, just click on the link and have your mind blown ! Here is a little presentation I copied from Joanna’s blog 😀
The Origins of the Real Neat Blog Award
Before I answer the questions I did a little googling to try and find the origins of this award and the earliest reference I can find to it goes all the way back to 2014 and to a blog called Dear Kitty, Some Blog.
The award came about as a way to highlight bloggers that need more attention because of their awesome content on their blogs and the first logo ever created for the award is this one that I found on the same Dear Kitty, Some Blog page:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate some bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
What Joanna asked :
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
I had a bookstagram page (still existing btw, but I’m not on it much anymore) and wanted to write longer reviews without exhausting myself by typing on my phone for a million years. I saw many others bookstagrammers had a blog and I joined in in May 2019 ! No regrets ❤
- What’s the worst book you have read?
Oh. That’s gotta be Steel Frame by Andrew Skinner. It was supposed to be an ambitious sci-fi book dealing with incredible topics such as the relationship between humans and machine (nothing romantic, it was more like exo-armor skeletons), but from page one I couldn’t understand anything. I didn’t even know the MC’s gender or name. Horrible.
3. What’s your favorite book trope?
Not gonna lie, I really enjoy ennemies to lovers and strangers bound together by a great mission !
4. If there was something you could change about any book, what would it be and what is the book?
Dramione. Just. Dramione. I have shipped them my all life and it would have been amazing if J.K Rowling had found a way for them together in some kind of redemption kind of trope (yeah, you can add this one to the previous question too haha). Soooo many Dramione fanfiction were read and written when I was young 😂
5. Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
I play video games a lot, and sometimes, I insist on the word SOMETIMES, I try to do some sports (lately yoga, which I’m a little good at for once). I also recently discover I don’t hate cooking !
6. If you could give someone the best piece of advice you have, what would that advice be?
Do whatever makes you happy. If you want to do something, if you have the means to do it, just do it. Even for small things. Want to go visit a museum, go to the cinema but have no one to come with you ? So what ? Go.
7. Where would you love to vacation?
I’d love to visit Cambodia and its temples. Also Egypt and the pyramids ! That would be a dream. When I can afford it and have a few weeks ahead of me, I’ll definitely do that.
Here are my questions for the next ones !
- What’s your favorite childhood book ?
- What’s your dream job ?
- What is your favorite standalone book ?
- Do you have a favorite book to screen adaptation ?
- What’s your guilty pleasure book ?
- What is your favorite type of bookish merch ?
- You can only meet one author and can spend the day with them. Who is it and what do you do ?
I tag :
Have fun everyone ! Thanks for reading !
See you soon,
Love, Jade ❤